Frohawk earns Linnets a replay after six-goal thriller

October 28, 2018

Buxton 3 King's Lynn Town 3
For the second week running the Linnets scored deep into second half stoppage time to salvage a game they should have won comfortably at a cold Silverlands on Saturday.
Substitute Jack Frowhawk was the last-gasp hero this time as Town somehow contrived to throw away a two-goal lead and a man advantage in a mad 20 minute spell 
Buxton had the ball in the net within 30 seconds of the start via Chris Hardy with the visitors grateful for the assistant’s flag signalling a tight offside decision. 
Frazer Blake-Tracy then hit a post in an opening that was only a taste of what was to follow.  
Some clever play from Michael Clunan forced Theo Roberts into a fingertip save and Harry Limb headed over when well placed following an Aaron Jones centre. 
Jones then passed a shot wide after a well-worked Lynn move with the Bucks relying on the speed of Jude Oyibo, who tested Alex Street from distance with a driven low effort. 
Michael Gash had a header that was deflected to safety and away from danger but the experienced striker made no mistake minutes before the interval when he lashed the ball past Roberts from close range to give Lynn an interval lead.
Street produced a stunning reaction save to deny Hardy from close range and Craig Parker fired well wide after a Clunan lay-off as the relentless action continued into the second half. 
On the hour-mark Lynn doubled their advantage as Parker tapped home at the back stick following a low cross from the Town left as a static Buxton defence looked on. 
Minutes later the hosts were reduced to ten men with Hardy being shown a straight red card by referee Lee Hible for violent conduct  after an altercation with three visiting defenders. 
The dismissal appeared to put the fire back into home stomachs with captain Young leading from the front as he looped a header beyond Street with just over 20 minutes to play to reduce the arrears. 
The same player then repeated the feat with another header with the Town defence resembling a punch drunk boxer clinging to the ropes in desperation. 
The Bucks sensed this was their moment and sure enough substitute Callum Chippendale put  his side ahead for the first time in the afternoon with only six minutes remaining with a clos- range finish in a chaotic visiting penalty area. 
Parker fired a huge chance well over Roberts bar and that appeared to be that before the intervention of Frowhawk, who appeared the coolest man on the pitch as he swivelled and turned the ball past Roberts from two yards.
It ensured a dramatic share of the spoils and a long Wednesday evening trip to West Norfolk for the Derbyshire side.




Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook App Icon © 2019 King's Lynn Town Football Club.

We Shop.png