Linnets fire a blank during goalless draw with St Neots

August 26, 2018

King's Lynn Town 0 St Neots 0
King's Lynn Town endured a frustrating afternoon after spurning a number of chances in a goalless draw with St Neots Town at The Walks.
Manager Simon Clark was left to rue a lack of firepower as the Linnets were left searching for their first home win of the season.
"It is becoming frustrating," admitted Clark.
"In the first 70 minutes we have created three good chances and two half chances and you have to hit the net with some of those. 
"In the two home games to date we have created 20 plus chances and have only a point to show for it. 
"We said to the players at the break to remain calm and keep passing the ball and the chances will come. 
"Towards the end we have become a bit desperate hitting high balls in and that’s not us. 
"We moved away from our game plan and the one thing we always stress is to keep to the plan. However you look at it it’s two points dropped but we have to keep working for the chairman and the fans."
Lynn should have been ahead as early as the first minute on Saturday when Craig Parker stabbed wide when well placed two yards out. 
Michael Clunan’s free-kick was poked wide by McAuley and Jordan Richards hit the side netting as the home team pressed for the opener. 
McAuley again saw a chance miss it’s intended target following a Clunan corner and Ryan Hawkins fired a free-kick into the wall after he had been hauled to the ground by Taylor Parr. 
Parr then hit the bar at the other end as the visiting Saints launched a rare break into home territory just before the interval.
Dion Sembie-Ferris blasted wide for St Neots following a quick break and Toby Hilliard lobbed onto the roof of Finley Irons' net as both sides pressed. 
McAuley stepped forward from his defensive duties and proceeded to unlease a rocket shot from 25 yards which smashed onto Irons' crossbar before rebounding to safety. 
Clark introduced Valter Da Rocha for his Linnets debut and the former Thetford Town man appeared to have a good penalty shout waved away by referee Alastair Wilson after appearing to be pulled back inside the area.   
Sembie-Ferris almost took advantage of some hesitant Lynn defending but was denied by a superb Alex Street block. 
Deep into stoppage time McAuley was again inches away with a header as he attempted to breakdown a stubborn visiting rearguard.
King’s Lynn Town: Street, Jones, Blake-Tracy, Jarvis, Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan, Hawkins ( Limb), Hilliard ( Da Rocha), Parker (Stewart). Richards. Unused Subs: Thomas, Castellan.
Bookings: McAuley, Richards.

Tomorrow, the Linnets will look to regain the winning thread when they travel to Lowestoft.



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook App Icon © 2019 King's Lynn Town Football Club.

We Shop.png