Playoff duo share the spoils

April 14, 2018

Slough Town 2-2 King’s Lynn Town.


Another point on the road it was this afternoon at Slough for the Linnets and it could certainly of been more.


The game didn’t start well for The Linnets when they found themselves a goal down with less than a minute on the clock, Perry Coles benefitting from some slack defending to coolly lob the ball over the stranded Alex Street and into the net despite the efforts of Ryan Fryatt on the line.


Lynn nearly equalised with their very first attack, Ryan Hawkins breaking the Slough defensive line but his hard shot was well saved by home keeper Jake Turner. 


Just minutes later the Linnets where level, Some great hold up play from Michael Gash and then a threaded pass found Cameron King who applied a delicate touch to turn the ball past Turner. 


Lynn then lost defender Ryan Fryatt to injury after picking up a knock on his heel after winning a header near the touch line. 


Rebels midfielder Scott Davies nearly caught Street off guard when his overhit free-kick  into the box had to be turned over under his own crossbar.


Lynn thought they had taken the lead on the half hour, A hanging cross from the left from Fraser Blake-Tracy was met by Gash who’s header across the face of goal was touched home by the unmarked King at the back post only to be ruled out by the linesman for offside.


Turner had to come to the Rebels rescue just minutes after, A driven Cameron Norman cross was flicked at the front post by Toby Hilliard but Turner made a good save with his legs to keep the scores level. 


There was nothing Turner could do with King’s 30 yard thunderbolt deep into first half injury time, The Linnets midfielder picked up the ball drove into the Slough half before unleashing the effort that flew past Turner and into the net. 


In the opening minutes of the second half Rebels defender George Wells played a delightful ball through to Chris Flood, but Street done brilliantly to block his shot and then smother the rebound with Coles following up. 


Lynn then should of took a stronger grip on the game, Hilliard released Hawkins down the right and he drove into the box and he played the ball across the face of goal but Gash could only divert the ball past the post with goal at the strikers mercy. 


A real let off for Lynn arrived on 80 minutes, James Dobson’s whipped in corner was touched in by Nathan Smart, but the eagle eye of the linesman spotted that the Slough defender had used his arm to turn the ball past Street. 


Hawkins had another chance for Lynn just minutes later, his driving run into the box forced Turner into a good low save at his front post. 


The equaliser arrived on 87 minutes, Flood beat Blake-Tracy to a header and the ball dropped to the on rushing Coles who slammed the ball past Street. 


Lynn had a couple of late chances from free-kicks around the Slough penalty area, Simon Lappin firing a tame one straight at Turner and Norman slamming an effort into the wall with a few Lynn players screaming for a penalty. 


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook App Icon © 2019 King's Lynn Town Football Club.

We Shop.png