Linnets continue unbeaten run.

March 31, 2018

Stratford Town 1-5 King’s Lynn Town.


The Linnets turned in yet another fine display on the road as they strengthened their strangle hold on 2nd place in the Southern Premier League.


Ian Culverhouse brought back the experienced duo of Michael Gash and Ryan Jarvis in place of Michael Clunan and Ryan Hawkins, midweek hero Cameron King was also handed his first start since returning from injury. 


Lynn couldn’t of asked for a better start, Craig Parker’s shot from the edge of the box was deflected behind for a corner, Simon Lappin’s delivery was met by Tom Ward who got across his marker to glance a  header past Louis Connor. 


One nearly became two just minutes later when from another Lappin corner Michael Gash’s header crashed against the bar and behind for a goal kick. 


On 12 minutes Lynn doubled their lead, Lappin again supplying the ball into the box that was flicked by Gash into the path of Leon Mettam who under pressure set up Ward to slam the ball home. 


Alex Street was called into action when the Linnets shot stopper had to rushed off his line to make a good block to deny Justin Marsden.


Stratford then got themselves back into the game with their very first chance, Will Grocott’s whipped in corner was diverted goalwards by Loyiso Recci, the ball was cleared off the line by Ryan Fryatt but the referees assistant raised his flag to signal for a goal.


The Linnets restored their two goal buffer on 36 minutes, Some neat work down the left-hand side from Gash and a delightful cross found Mettam who’s scuffed effort wrong footed the keeper and found the corner. 


Lynn moved further in front 5 minutes into the second half, Good hold up play by Mettam near the corner set up Lappin who’s cross into the box was diverted past his own keeper by James Fry. 


Midway through the second half Street was called into action, A good turn and shot from Will Grocott forced Street into a full stretch save onto the post, Street then got himself up to comfortably save the follow up header from Ben Stephens.


Substitute Tom Siddons got his trademark goal on 80 minutes, the big striker cut inside his marker before unleashing a shot from the edge of the box that found the bottom corner.



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook App Icon © 2019 King's Lynn Town Football Club.

We Shop.png