September 17, 2017

Nuneaton Town 3-1 King's Lynn Town


King’s Lynn Town’s FA Cup dreams are over for another season following defeat at Conference North side Nuneaton Town. 


Ex Leicester City striker Ashley Chambers plundered a treble for the hosts meaning that Cameron Norman’s injury time strike for the Linnets was only a consolation for a sizable contingent of travelling fans.

Town made just the on change to their starting line up following the midweek defeat at Royston Town as Sam Gaughran took the place of Tom Ward who had to make do with a seat on the bench. 


Chambers showed early intent for the hosts whilst heading over Alex Street’s bar, Ryan Hawkins squeezed a shot away for Lynn only to see home keeper Dean Lyness save with his legs at the near post. 


It was then Street’s turn to use his legs to deny Chambers as the speedy forward outpaced Lynn defence with ease.


Town then proceeded to enjoy their best spell of the half as Craig Parker sent a low, curling shot towards goal followed by Michael Gash who forced Lyness into a tremendous finger tip save with a 25 yard thunderbolt.

Ward was introduced at the break for the ill Frazer Blake-Tracy, a move with appeared to add further impetus to the home front line. Street again denied Chambers with his legs and then pushed an Alex Henshall drive onto his post to preserve parity. 


Moments later however he was helpless as Chambers finally beat him with a close range header from a Henshall free kick. 


The visiting defence was now visibly rocking and Daniel Nti should have doubled his teams advantage when he pounced on Gaughran’s poor back pass but sent his low shot wide of the far post. 


Chambers showed him how it should be done on 69 minutes as he confidently placed the ball beyond Street following Billy Daniels slide rule pass. 


Linnets substitute Eoin Mcquaid fired over as Lynn briefly rallied but any hopes of a comeback were extinguished with a minute remaining as Chambers converted from the spot to collect the match ball after Brady Hickey was fouled in the box by Gaughran. 


Norman netted with seconds remaining from Ryan Fryatt’s centre to break the visitors duck but by then it was a case of too little too late for the visitors. 



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook App Icon © 2019 King's Lynn Town Football Club.

We Shop.png