Linnets come from behind to take bank holiday points.

August 28, 2017

St Ives Town 1-3 King’s Lynn Town

The Linnets bounced back from dropping points at home to continue their unbeaten home record, As they came from behind to rightfully take all 3 points at a sun drenched Westwood Road.

The Linnets where forced into two changes from Saturday’s home draw against Frome Town, Sam Gaughran (Ankle) and Leon Mettam (Back) where forced to miss the game, Their places in the starting eleven going to Tom Ward and Craig Siddons.

It was the hosts that created the first chance inside the opening minutes, Some good hold up play from Ex Linnet Dubi Ogbonna saw him lay the ball to Draycott who dragged his effort wide of the target.

From there onwards it was all one way traffic as Lynn took a strong hold of the half, Ryan Hawkins creates the first chance for the visitors, His driving run saw him beat two home defenders before firing into the side netting from inside the box.

The woodwork then denied Lynn an opener, Ryan Jarvis received the ball from a Cameron Norman throw and unleashed cross come shot that home keeper James Goff beaten all ends up but fortunately for him the ball cannoned off the post and away to safety.

Norman was in the action just minutes later when his cross found Craig Parker unmarked in the area and with the goal at his mercy the normally reliable midfielder could only screw his effort wide of the target.

Just minutes before the break a racking pass from Frazer Blake-Tracy was nodded down by Gillies into the path of Parker who’s volleyed effort was again wide of the target.

The Linnets started the second half on the front foot, Tom Siddons became the latest Lynn player to have a chance, Blake-Tracy’s cross went across the face of goal and was met by the strikes diving head but was well saved by Goff.

Minutes later Hawkins should of put Lynn ahead, A delightful pass from Jarvis found Hawkins inside the box but he couldn’t generate enough power on his poke towards goal.

And on 58 minutes Lynn where penalised for not taking one of their many chances as the home side went in front, Substitute Jimmy Hartley got the run on the Linnets back line before firing past Street with a powerful effort from the edge of the box.

The Linnets drew level on 77 minutes, Norman was hauled down on the edge of the box near the corner flag, Clunan’s free kick was driven into the box and found Siddons who’s neat foot work created some space for the big man to fire past Goff.

That seemed to spark the visitors into life as 7 minutes later they took the lead, Blake-Tracy’s cross was nodded down superbly by Toby Hilliard who found Siddons and cool as you like smashed into the net to the delight of the travelling Linnets fans.

The Linnets wrapped up all the points as a quick counter attack from Craig Parker from a home comer led to the midfielder running the length of the pitch before laying it on a plate for teenager Harry Whayman to net his first league goal for the club via the post.

Attendance: 470 



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook App Icon © 2019 King's Lynn Town Football Club.

We Shop.png